5 Tips + A Secret Weapon To Slay Your New Year Goals

5 Tips + A Secret Weapon To Slay Your New Year Goals - www.fromdreamtoplan.net

That moment has arrived, that “Omg, another year is coming to an end, ALREADY!!” is here, can you believe it? I imagine most of you will agree that it’s in these kinds of moments that you really realize how time flies!

I have to admit though that together with this kinda sad-realization moment, (luckily) I mostly feel like getting new energy and inspiration to start the following year in the best way. “What feels like an end is often the beginning,” they say, right?

If you’re reading my blogs for a while now I think you’ll know that I’m definitely a goal person. And if you didn’t yes, I’m one of those people who write down everything: goals, lists, things to do, whatever “organizational” thing you can write down, I do. I see it as a way to being more motivated and focused, especially during those moments where motivation lacks.

You know I love sharing with you my latest findings and productive habits so in this post, I’ll share with you 5 methods I use to create and brainstorm my goals plus my secret weapon to slay them all!

Before getting into the heart of the post though I must precise 2 things:

1. Do you know which goals you want to focus on in 2018? If the answer is “yesss!”, keep reading! If the answer is “no, not really..” no worries, take the FREE 12-question quiz to discover which area of your life you should focus on in 2018. Plus, at the end of the quiz, you’ll receive resolution and goal ideas!

2. Just want to mention and be totally transparent by telling you that this post contains affiliate links. This means that in the event of a sale through any links (at no extra cost for you) present in this post, I will receive a small commission that helps me keep this blog up and running. I only recommend products or services that I truly believe in. If you chose to make a purchase through one of my these links, thank you so much for supporting me and my blog. You are amazing!

Okay, now that you’re all set, here are my 5 tips + My secret weapon!

1 | WRITE THEM DOWN

As mentioned earlier I find writing down my goals very useful and practical. Wring them without order and method though is not actually productive. So when I found out about the Slay Your Goals Printable Planner created by Nadalie I couldn’t wait to try it!

5 Tips + A Secret Weapon To Slay Your New Year Goals - www.fromdreamtoplan.net

2 | THINK BIG, ACT SMALL

I believe goals are a process, and as every process, it’s made by small steps. Because of this, I always first do a little brainstorming of the general goals I have, the big ones. After that, I divide them into subcategories and define each step, to-do, and action I have to take in order to achieve the main goal.

And this is exactly how the Slay Your Goals Printable Planner is set up! After setting your intentions (what aspects of your life you want to focus) in chapter 1, you set specific goals (chapter 2) and after this, in chapter 3 you select 4 “mini goals”.

For example, under my “professional life intentions” this year my main goal was “To find a job”. Finding a job though implies smaller step such as writing a proper CV and applying to jobs, so these ones would appear as “mini goals”.

5 Tips + A Secret Weapon To Slay Your New Year Goals - www.fromdreamtoplan.net

3 | DEFINE A CHECKING TIME

Okay, now you have your general goals and you’ve defined the process/steps to achieving them. And yes, your “time frame” is 2018 but one year is long and without having deadlines your mind may trick you into saying “well, you still have time, it’s just February…March…June…” and then it’s November and you realize that in one month the year is over!

The Slay Your Goals Printable Planner will help you with this as well! Chapter 4 is all about planning your year. Starting with a strategic planning roadmap – practically a guided brainstorm throughout the quarters of the year. Then helping you to sum up everything in a one-page yearly plan!

So following the example stated earlier which main goal was “To find a job by July 2017”
Mini Goal 1: Writing a proper CV – Deadline: End of January
Mini Goal 2: Applying to Jobs – Deadline: Mid March

4 | THE MORE SPECIFIC, THE BETTER

Mini-Goals will help you break your main goals in achievable steps but these, at the same time include tasks (the “to-do’s” explained in chapter 5) that you’ll have to implement. And the more specific you are in writing these to-do’s the better you’ll be able to check and track how good you are doing with these mini-goals.

In the Slay Your Goals Printable Planner you’ll be able to cowrite down your monthly, weekly and daily to-do’s and ranking them by priority levels!

Writing down your goals helps you being more motivated and focused Click To Tweet

5 | REVIEW

Tracking your steps towards a goal is not just important for meeting your deadline, it’s as well useful for reviewing and checking your progress! With the Slay Your Goals Printable Planner you’re able to write down and reflect on your progress and feelings on a monthly and yearly basis, as well as pointing out daily reflections.

5 Tips + A Secret Weapon To Slay Your New Year Goals - www.fromdreamtoplan.net

So, yeah the Slay Your Goals Guide really matched all my goal setting requirements but here are other reasons why I love it:

• It has motivational and inspirational quotes at the end of each page!
  • Each chapter starts with a short explanation that functions as guide/prompt
  • It provides working sheets templates in different layouts
  • It has blank templates so it’s not just usable for 2018 but for any upcoming year!
  • The design is simple and effective!

Oh also, if you decide to get the Slay Your Goals Guide by January 5th, 2018 you’ll get a FREE BONUS eBook! The “10 Quick & Easy Goal Slaying Hacks” eBook shares some inspiring tips for gaining confidence and motivation while slaying your goals!

5 Tips + A Secret Weapon To Slay Your New Year Goals - www.fromdreamtoplan.net

Happy new goals, Happy new you, Happy new year!!

What about you? Do normally write down your goals and do you have any special technique to do it? I’d love to hear from you!

Previous Post

• Reply Callie

Great tips! I just got a new planner, and I’m truly trying to stick to planning and goal setting better in the upcoming year. Thanks for sharing!

28/12/2016 at 22:20
  • Reply Divine

These are great tips. Write now I have my blog goals all organized. Time to get my life in place.

Divine

28/12/2016 at 23:33
  • Reply Bianca

I’m am deep in the throes of goal setting for NYE…definitely the goal setting time of year!

29/12/2016 at 1:00
  • Reply Allison

Love this Lisa! Such a great idea! I’m in the process of writing my own goals too! 🙂

29/12/2016 at 2:34
  • Reply Wendy

Thank you for sharing this! I am definitely in need of a timeline to set my goals and achieve them! Will use your advice to start the new year! xo

29/12/2016 at 4:48
  • Reply Summer

Loved reading this! I am always setting goals and your tips make it easier to define and help you achieve those goals. Thanks for sharing!

29/12/2016 at 5:05

Aww Lisa, thank you for this inspirational and helpful post! Sometimes, goals aren’t the easiest for me, so I really appreciate your enthusiasm, your caring, and the fun and lightness you bring to the process. Much love and Light to you as you wrap up 2016 and move forward into the New Year. Blessings, Debbie 🙂 ps – so glad to know you here on WordPress xo

29/12/2016 at 5:16

Ohh Debbie, you’re always so sweet! I’m glad you liked the post and I’m also very grateful to have connected with you! Happy start of a new chapter! 🙂

29/12/2016 at 7:36
  • Reply Serena - Sognando Viaggi

Hi Lisa! I found your post…inspirational! I’ll try to follow it for my new goals 🙂 Serena

29/12/2016 at 13:31
  • Reply Natalie

All the best to you for 2017!

29/12/2016 at 14:18
  • Reply Jenny

I love the idea of giving yourself a “checking time” because its so easy to make a list and be like “yeah I’ll get to it” but when you set a specific time it definitely makes you more adamant on getting it done. I also like the idea of being objective, it almost helps make it easier to get whatever it is done. I mean personally I love being able to cross things off my list (to seem more productive) but like oppose to being broad and not being able to cross if off completely- it makes total sense to get into finer detail (the whole job thing was a great example!) Very very clever! I’m such a list person too so this work nicely with how I work.

xo, JJ

29/12/2016 at 20:26

Oh Thank you Jenny! I’m so happy to hear you like the post and that is useful! Yes, you’ve totally got the point of why deadlines are useful!! Also happy to hear you’re a list person as well, the are so useful, aren’t they?! 🙂

30/12/2016 at 9:16
  • Reply Diana

Hi! I nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger Award – you can find more info about the award here: https://handstandsaroundtheworld.wordpress.com/

Happy New Year!

-Diana

01/01/2017 at 19:40

Thank you very much Diana! I’ll definitely check it out! Happy new year to you as well! 😊

03/01/2017 at 18:47
  • Reply Pinayskattebasse

I like the last one being objective! 🙂

02/01/2017 at 1:11

I’m terrible at writing my goals down which I realized recently that I do in fact, need to do it. It definitely helps! Thanks for the free sheet!

02/01/2017 at 22:59
  • Reply Zahra

Thank you for the tips. Will be keeping these in minds 🙂

03/01/2017 at 8:52
  • Reply Petra

These are really helpful tips! I have already started my goals planning.

03/01/2017 at 8:58
  • Reply T.M. Brown

I agree, great tips! I’m infatuated with being organized, but having three children has made me a little more patient with myself and my Type A personality. I love writing down goals and love being able to check them off as accomplished. Good luck accomplishing yours!

03/01/2017 at 14:13
  • Reply Aisha

All excellent tips! This is my project for this week, particularly for my blog, so I’ll be using this as a guide. Thanks so much for sharing!

03/01/2017 at 14:46
  • Reply Natasha

Every point is such a good mention. Thank you for sharing this.

Best wishes to you for 2017!

Natasha x

03/01/2017 at 16:30
  • Reply Jen Monks

I am writing down first quarter goals this week, so thanks for the great suggestions and template.

03/01/2017 at 17:46
  • Reply Marie Green

Health goals are a big one for me and I find that getting our goals on paper really helps to hold us accountable. I like your tip on setting a general goal and then smaller goals that lead up to it. This really helps to keep the process from becoming overwhelming.

03/01/2017 at 21:08
  • Reply sarah

really awesome tips! I’m terrible when it comes to planning; I need to do it more :/ I’ll definitely use these tips!!

03/01/2017 at 21:33
  • Reply RACHEL

I need this. My goals start on the 23rd (it works for me for a reason lol). I can’t wait to use your printable!

04/01/2017 at 3:41
  • Reply Christina Berger

I started a new bullet journal last night, and i will be using it in 2017 to write down notes, goals, and plans for the year. While I do want to accomplish big things, I know that I will have to take it one step at a time.

04/01/2017 at 4:29

That’s so great! I love bullet journals! Good luck with achieving them and yes you’re totally right, one step at a time! 🙂

04/01/2017 at 19:43
  • Reply Manon

I wrote about the exact same thing on my blog ! https://canvasofthoughts.wordpress.com/2016/07/14/how-to-work-toward-your-goals/

Great tips !

30/01/2017 at 12:15
  • Reply Sunday Suggestions #14 – fromdreamtoplan

[…] the first person here totally into goals and planning but living NOW and realising that what we have already is actually a lot, is so […]

05/03/2017 at 0:12
  • Reply Happy B(log)irthday! 5 Things I realized after 1 Year of Blogging – fromdreamtoplan

[…] I have to write and by when. Well okay, I think by know you’ll know how much I’m into organisation, lists, goals and… organisation 😀 But really, by using this techinique I limit so much the time wasted and maximise my […]

24/03/2017 at 23:20
  • Reply fromdreamtoplan - Once A Very Important Goal Is Achieved...Now What? | fromdreamtoplan.net

[…] thing is that it’s not necessary to have everything planned, a specific goal and all the actions ready. Sometimes it happens and sometimes the idea is more general and vague (you kinda need to have this […]

24/10/2017 at 13:58
  • Reply Emma/ Curlygirlabroad

These are some great tips, especially the one on being more specific, I tend to keep my goals too general/broad. I have a question for you, I saw on your Instagram that you made a lactose-free blueberry cheesecake (can’t remember when exactly), would you mind sharing the recipe? 🙂

26/12/2017 at 19:33

Hey Emma! Sorry, not sure how I missed your comment! It’s actually my housemate who made the cake so I’ll ask here the recipe and then send it to you on Instagram or something! 🙂

09/01/2018 at 17:34
  • Reply Elizabeth

Aw this was so helpful, such a great article and I love the printables, I’m definitely set for the year ahead now! Loving your blog, can’t wait to discover more 😀 xx

elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (I would love to follow each other on bloglovin if you like! :D)

09/01/2018 at 17:53

Thank you very much Elizabeth, I’m so glad to read this! Will definitely check out your blog! xx

10/01/2018 at 15:04
  • Reply Nadalie

I so enjoyed your review of my Slay Your Goals Planner! Love how you put it, it’s about connecting the big dreams to the small everyday tasks. So glad you found it helpful for slaying your own goals in 2018.

25/01/2018 at 22:47